Important announcement will be made here from time to time, check back often.
- Jin Feng’s Office: 510 Snow Hall, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office hour: Tuesday, Thursday 11:00-12:00 am or by appointment.
- Lecture time: Tuesday and Thursday. 9:30-10:45 am or 1:30-2:15 pm at Snow 120. Email: email@example.com
- Grader: Isaac Dunn Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
EXAMS (tentative schedule)
- Exams are given in the lecture room, you can have a one-page cheat sheet, closed book, no calculator.
- First Midterm: Feb 28th, during lecture time. Coverage: Ch 1.1,1.2,1.3, Ch 2.1, 2.2,2.3,2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.8, Ch 3.1, 3.3;
- Second Midterm: April 4th, Take Home Exam. Coverage: Ch 3.2, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, 6.1, 6.2, 6.3,;
- The exam problems: Page 132, Section 3.4: Problem 10; Page 141, Section 3.5: Problem 7Page 146, Section 3.6: Problem 10.
Page 263, Section 6.3: Problem 17,
Page 273, Section 6.5: Problem 5.
- Final (according to university schedule): Coverage : Ch 6.4, 6.5, 6.6. Ch 7.1- 7.9, plus everything we have discussed in the semester.
For students in the morning session, the final is May 15th, 7:30-10:00 am, in the lecture room.
For students in the afternoon session, the final is May 16th, 1:30 – 4:00 pm, in the lecture room.
If there is any conflict of the exam or test(s) with your religious obligations or other matters, please contact me at least a week in advance.
- Weekly homework assignment (subject to change, frequently updated, please check back often).Homework is due at the end of lecture on the due date, no late homework is accepted. Homework grade is based on correctness of your solution.
- Grading policyHomework + Attendance: 20+10=30 percent,Midterm 1: 20 percent,Midterm 2: 20 percent,Final: 30 percent.
A: 90 -100, B: 80-90, C:70-80, D: 60-70, F: 0 – 59.